Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Central Services Operations Manager (1.0 FTE, Day shift) to work in Sterile Processing Department at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.
The Manager Central Services Operations provides leadership for the Central Services Departments and all facets of sterile processing and perioperative supply chain functions.
In this position you will:
- Assure that the standards of operation for decontamination, processing, handling and sterilization of instrumentation throughout Perioperative Services and other hospital clinics/departments/units are in compliance with those set by regulatory agencies, Swedish Medical Center Infection Control and Safety Standards.
- Maintain current and accurate departmental policy and procedure manuals, job descriptions, and scope of service statement in compliance with agency requirements.
- Responsible for meeting instrumentation, equipment, and supply needs for scheduled and add-on procedures in all operative and procedural environments, nursing units, and offsite facilities where appropriate.
- Provide expert direction in the selection, use and monitoring of decontamination and sterilization processes and chemicals. Acts as a content matter expert for sterile processing activities.
- Manage all aspects of departmental fiscal operations including capital and operating budgets, cost containment initiatives and all others assigned. Approve the purchase of instrumentation, equipment and supplies.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Five (5) years In a tertiary acute care hospital with extensive experience in preparation of reusable instruments and MIS technologies commonly used in surgical and invasive procedure settings.
- Three (3) demonstrated management competence in a sterile processing, supply chain management, and the surgical environment.
- Experience in change management, customer relations, quality improvement, and employee relations required.
- Experience with or exposure to a union environment.
- If a Registered Nurse, must have operating room experience.
- Certified Central Service Technician required (CRCST) from IAHCSMM
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area.
About the Cherry Hill Campus
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary care center previously known as Phelors Degree in Engineeringrovidence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish healthcare system.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Lead Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 323124