An interesting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Professional to join our Financial Accounting & Reporting team in Derby.
The FA&R team are part of Finance Operations within the newly formed Global Business Services team. We provide transactional finance support for and on behalf of Rolls-Royce companies and some joint ventures. The team is responsible for the successful delivery of period end financial statements, some statutory reporting and external reporting to government agencies. The workload is cyclical but predictable and requires a flexible approach to delivery. You must be customer focused and ideally driven to standardise, simplify, automate and process improve tasks.
The position would ideally suit either a Finance Professional with reporting or private practice audit experience who is looking to join a large well-known organisation operating globally, or a person with several years accounting experience wanting a more predictable role enabling a flexible work/life balance.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
Every great product needs a great business behind it. Our work is complex, innovative, highly challenging and rewarding, and it takes a range of professionals to do it. Having the right people means we can deliver excellence to our customers and pioneer the power that matters.
- Independently delivering financial reporting for the assigned sectors / businesses in actuals and external reporting processes to tight timescales, including general ledger processing, reporting and reconciliation activities.
- Ensuring internal control and compliance requirements are satisfied.
- Dealing with external auditor requests.
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities and project-based work.
- Keeping abreast of new international accounting standards and changes to systems and processes.
Key Skills, Qualifications, Experience:
- Part-Qualified or Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Prior financial reporting experience.
- Finance background, ability to understand and explain basic accounting principles/double entry bookkeeping.
- Good Microsoft excel skills.
- Process improvement / systems mind-set.
- Problem solving, customer focus, team player, attention to detail.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer optimum performance. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here. So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Closing date: 10th November 2021Job Category Finance Posting Date 03 Nov 2021; 00:11