The Optionis Group is one of the UK’s most successful professional services companies, and we are looking for a Finance Manger to lead our Finance department.
We are happy to recruit this role on an interim basis( 6 Months ) or a permanent appointment
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller you will be responsible for assisting with the management of the delivery of the monthly financial reporting and other external reporting within agreed timetables.
- Oversight of the production of the monthly management accounts for 7 trading companies
- Supervision of a team of 6 (4 direct, 2indirect)
- Liaising with senior people across the business in regards to finance reports and processes, also assisting with any financial queries they may have
- Assisting with the preparation of the month end flash reporting, group consolidation and cashflow reporting, providing high level concise commentary and analysis of results.
- Providing support as required to the Management accounting and FP&A teams on technical and any other reporting matters.
- Responsible for the review of the balance sheet reconciliations for all the trading subsidiaries and making significant improvements
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of the Corporation tax year end process with the external tax team.
- Support with ad-hoc financial reporting developments / projects / M&A, as and when required.
- Support with implementation of new finance system
- Liaising with the auditors and ensuring progress of the year-end audit
- Ensuring timely completion of HMRC statutory payments
- Statutory accounts preperation
Qualifications and Experience Required :
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong understanding of Management accounts, P&LS and Balance sheet
- Management experience
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Previous experience in a Finance Manager (or similar) role
- Producing accurate information first time.
- Resilient and able to meet targets in a pressured environment
- Capability to work in a fast paced/high change business
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience of working in fast paced PE backed environment
- Your Flexibility – we give our staff the ability to choose the way in which they work, be that fully from home, in an office or in an arrangement mixing the best of both.
- Industry leading career development
- 23 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays). As a special thank you for each completed year of service with the company you will receive an additional days holiday (up to a maximum of 28 days or pro rata equivalent)
- Additional days off for Birthday and 100% attendance
- Exclusive Discounts & Offers from ‘SavingsPal’ – UK’s Leading Benefits Platform
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- ‘Dressdown’ dress code
- Free parking
- Tusker Car benefit scheme – salary sacrifice green CO2 capped
- Free Mortgage service
- Holiday Buy & Exchange Scheme
- Gym Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye Care Vouchers – Specsavers
We will be interviewing for this role immediately so do not delay your application
- Finance Manager
- Financial Reporting