Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking an Attorney Support Assistant to join our dynamic Corporate team in Munich.
About Latham & Watkins
With offices in 14 countries, more than 3,000 attorneys and over 2,500 professional staff, the key to our success and our continued ability to deliver the highest quality service to our clients is our “one-firm” culture – a spirit of teamwork and shared commitment to quality across our global offices that has long distinguished Latham from other law firms.
About the role
As an Attorney Support Assistant for one Corporate Partner and their team, you will be responsible for performing a variety of duties for the attorneys.
Key responsibilities include:
- Receiving assignments from attorneys and performing tasks as requested
- Open new matters following client intake procedures (conflicts check, engagement letters, AML support)
- Enter and close timesheets per policies
- Create, edit, and process bills in accordance with firm and client requirements and work closely with billing attorneys to prepare client bills
- Edit and format transaction related documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Travel and calendar management
Apply to join our team if you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Several years of secretarial or administrative support experience in an international professional services firm
- The ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion
- Organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact and communicate effectively with people at all organisational levels of the firm
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding job opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance
- Wellness programs (e.g. membership to HeadSpace, access to mental health services, well-being events, etc.)
- Professional Development programs
- Travel and meals allowance
- Sport courses
- And more!
Additionally, we have a range of global affinity groups (including LGBTQ group, multicultural group, women’s group). These provide a platform for staff to share experiences, advice, and interests, encouraging a continued discussion on diversity.