Zaza Bazaar, World Banquet & Bar is a remarkable, exciting all day dining concept located in Bristol (United Kingdom) and prides to be the biggest restaurant in the United Kingdom. Zaza Bazaar embodies a spirit of adventure and celebrates the different & popular cuisines from the World over including, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Caribbean, Italian, British, Japanese as well as exciting desserts and confectionary in a huge, fun filled, and adventurous dining space inspired by the night markets of Asia.
To match our fun, adventurous yet fast paced catering environment we are looking for specialist skilled chefs in following cuisines:
INDIAN : HALWAI / SOUTH INDIAN
CHINESE / INDO CHINESE/ THAI/ JAPANESE / VIETNAMESE
MEXICAN/ SPANISH / ITALIAN / FRENCH/ SALAD & LARDER
Zaza chefs work in a high-pressure SHOW KITCHEN environment and deliver high volumes of freshly prepared food, featuring global cuisines from all over the world whilst cooking specific dishes as per customer requirements.
1. To direct and execute production of authentic starters & main courses FROM THEIR SPECIALIST CUISINE, ensuring all items are produced according to standard recipes, portion yield and with -in agreed time limit age.
2. Direct, Prepare, Cook and finish specialist dished of their assigned cuisines including, starters, main courses according to specifications (Taste, Texture, and Presentation) at the live cooking station. Carry out multifarious tasks of cooking food whilst receiving instructions from the guest.
3. Produce food of excellent quality through regular tasting, standardising recipes, & being aware and follow company policy on the current allergen regulations.
4. Menu planning and input in standardisation of recipes. Setting standards for presentation, garnishing of food display according to these set standards.
5. In concurrence with Head Chef creating procedures for reducing wastage during production. Doing stock take & ordering in line with business levels to achieve targeted food costs.
6. Achieve savings through maintaining stock level of the section inventory according to business level, ordering the items in bulk, changing menu in line with seasonal produce at cheaper rates and introduce dishes on the daily & guest cuisine menu.
7. Ensure strict adherence to the companys HACCP & Health & Safety policies during shift.
8. Overseeing delivery of ingredients for the section and ensuring that all food safety procedures are complied with during the delivery, cooking and storage process.
Salary: 26000 per annum + TIPS, Rs 26,00,000 per year +TIPS
Entry requirements for the job:
- Should have 3 years or more relevant experience at NVQ level 3 as a Specialist chef/ CDP /Sous Chef or above in their specialised cuisine.
- Fluent in the English Language (International applicants – minimum B1 level)
- Should be young and dynamic as it is a physically demanding role.
- Competent in cooking & presentation of authentic Starters, Main courses, side dishes using speciality techniques and use of specialist equipment for their speciality.
- Should have extensive knowledge of recipes and should be competent in producing marinade, spice mixes, batters, pastes sauces used in the cooking process from fresh raw ingredients.
- Applicant should be organised and be able to control food quality by consistently maintaining the appearance, taste and portion of dishes during service.